Winter photography in Wharfedale


Saying winter arrived was a bit of an exaggeration as there was only a couple of inches of snow in the fields and the roads were all clear. I know everyone says we don't have the winters and snow like we used to have but its true, we don't. I'll grant you that last year was bad when the Beast From The East raised its ugly head but that was just a one off occurrence.

My day was another day when I wish I'd have taken a zoom lens with me. I would have loved to have got some close-ups of those three trees in the enclosure but unfortunately I only had my 24-70mm lens. The 70-300mm would have been ideal and also it would have given me the opportunity to get some close ups of the trees on Barden Fell too.

For the most part it was a cloudy day but the sun did break through later in the afternoon when I was up near Kettlewell. This gave some good light but even so, I still prefer the shots I took earlier in the day near Appletreewick. There's a certain simplicity and minimalism to them which I really like, especially the ones I took of the clump of trees and dry stone wall.

In future when I go out for a drive, I think my best bet will be to have both lenses in the car so I can chop and change when the need arises. If I had been going for a walk then I would have had my photography rucksack with me which would have had both lenses in anyway.

It's very frustrating thinking that you have missed out on a opportunity through your own bad decision making.

Howgill, Wharfedale

Barden Fell Plantation

Barden Fell

Enclosure

Disappearing Act

Near Appletreewick

S Bend

Trees near Appletreewick

Break in the wall

Close up on nature

Stangs Lane, Appletreewick

The River Wharfe at Kettlewell

The River Wharfe at Kettlewell

Lambing time approaches

Lambing time approaches

Lambing time approaches

Wharfedale trees

Wharfedale trees

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...