Glen Nevis and Rannoch Moor

My last day and I woke up to a very cold and frosty morning so, rather than just setting off back home, I decided to make the most of the conditions by paying Glen Nevis a visit. I drove along the glen as far as the lower falls, taking photos of anything which took my fancy until the sun rose above the hillside and began to thaw out the valley.

I was as pleased as Punch with the weather conditions as they just got better and better the farther south I travelled. I first stopped off at Glen Etive to get a shot of the River Coupall waterfall with The Buachaille Etive Mor behind. It was a good job that the weather was so cold and the ground frozen because the place would have been a quagmire if not and all caused by people like me. That will be the last time I stop off there. It's a pity they can't block the area off so that the ground can recover.

Rannoch Moor really was a winter wonderland. Parts of the moor were still frosted over and the clouds were just starting to beak to reveal the snow capped hills of The Black Mount. Moments like that are very few and far between and I just didn't want to leave but leave I must as time was getting on.

Looking back over my three day break, the weather was mainly very kind to me. I did have a wet drive back from Mallaig on my first day but it didn't really spoil my day overall. Ardnamurchan had been a great day but my journey back home had been the icing on the cake.

Glen Nevis

Glen Nevis

Glen Nevis

Glen Nevis

River Nevis

River Nevis

Lower Falls

River Nevis

River Nevis

River Nevis

Buachaille Etive Mor

River Coupall waterfalls

Black Rock Cottage

Rannoch Moor

Cloud Clearing The Black Mount

Lone Tree, Rannoch Moor

Rannoch Moor

Lochan na Strainge

Loch Bà

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...