Bell Bank Wood and Betty's Wood

 A very cold and slightly misty morning at St Ives Estate. I wanted to assess how my Prostate Cancer medication was affecting me as it had been a nightmare so far. I had lost a lot of my muscle power and also became tired very quickly.

I was quite pleased with how I got on, a good part of my walk being uphill, if only slightly for the most of it but, with plenty of short stops and a sit down at the farthest point, I manage d to do a good circular walk which gave me some great views down the Aire Valley to Bingley. 

In Betty's Wood I got a close up view of the decimation that tree disease had cause with most of the ancient woodland trees having been destroyed and saplings planted in their place.

A sad walk in places but I was very pleased with myself and it raised my spirits no end.

Bell Bank Wood

Bell Bank Wood

Bell Bank Wood

Bell Bank Wood

Bell Bank Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood

Betty's Wood


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...