Hardcastle Crags, Calderdale

This series of photos were taken way back on the 8th November last year at Hardcastle Crags. I had expected more autumn colours but it seemed to arrive very late last year. As it was I still managed to take some very nice shots.

Unfortunately the riverside path to Gibson's Mill was partially closed so I could only get so far on and was then diverted on to the main forest road. A further climb through the woods was needed to get to the mill and, as time was getting on, I just returned to the car park using this road. The return was a tad boring and I was sad to miss out on photographing the still waters of the mill pond and reflection of the mill, but I suppose they have to do some housekeeping at some stage of the year.

I did intend popping back the following week when all paths were open but never got the opportunity. 

Woodland Track

Woodland Track

Moss on Tree

Riverside path

Riverside path

Riverside path

Riverside path

Riverside path

Riverside path

Riverside path

Riverside path

Autumn Leaves

tree Fungi

Autumn Leaves

Riverside path

Riverside path

Hillside Trees

Woodland path


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...