Early Morning visit to Glen Nevis and The Nevis Gorge

I paid an early morning final visit to Glen Nevis before heading back to Cumbria. The light was amazing and it was so calm. I drove up to the parking area for The Nevis Gorge and had a short walk from there. I didn't completely go through the gorge as I only had trainers on and the ground was quite rocky but what I walked, I enjoyed. There was some lovely waterfalls lower down from the car park which just cried out to be photographed.

I eventually dragged myself away and set off back. On the way down I called in at The Glencoe Visitor Centre for a coffee and a bit of lunch and also stopped off at Loch Lubhair where I took some photos of the amazing reflections in the still loch.

I'd had a great few days away but the journey back was marred by the worry of what lay in store on my return. As it turned out the tests on my prostate had come out positive but on a positive note, the cancer hadn't spread to any onther parts of my body. 

Writing this blog two months after the diagnosis, I am now having hormone therepy which I will have for the next three years, plus I will be going through a course of radiotherepy sometime over the coming months. The side effects of the therepy have knocked me for six a bit. I get tired so easy and have lost a lot of muscle power but apart from that, I don't feel poorly in anyway, shape or form. 

My side effects do seem to be slowly easing and I have been on a few walks in the past week so there are positive signs. I have also been on a two week holiday to Somerset which I will blog later and also been up to my caravan in The Lakes where I have recieved incredible support from my friends. So I'm feeling pretty positive and will hopefully be blogging for many years to come.

Glen Nevis

Glen Nevis

Glen Nevis

Glen Nevis

Glen Nevis

Glen Nevis

Glen Nevis

Glen Nevis

Lower Falls

Nevis Gorge

Nevis Gorge

Nevis Gorge

Waterfall, Nevis Gorge

Waterfall, Nevis Gorge

Waterfall, Nevis Gorge

Waterfall, Nevis Gorge

Loch Lobhair

Loch Lobhair


Loch Lobhair


Loch Lobhair



No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...