First Snow.



These shots were taken a week or two ago just after we had out first real snow. I took the ones of Kilnsey Crag on my way up to Kettlewell and this proved to be the best weather of the day. I parked up for a couple of hours in Kettlewell and went for a walk up the Coverdale Road. With the weather being as it was, the road was deserted so all I could hear were the birds down in the valley and the occasional dog in the village yapping plus there was a beautiful view across to Great Whernside

I did think about driving over to Coverdale but with it being a one in four climb to a height of well over 1000ft, I though it best not to bother. Instead after the walk, I drove up to Buckden and then over to Bishopdale where surprisingly there was hardly any snow at all.

A pleasant drive along Wensleydale as far as Hawes, a stroll around the town and then it was back down to Ribblehead and Settle. The weather was beautiful to start with but as the day progressed then the cloud came in. I shouldn't grumble though, I did manage to take lots of snowy landscapes during my travels.


Kilnsey Crag

Kilnsey Crag

Kilnsey Crag

Kilnsey Crag

Kilnsey

Kettlewell

Kettlewell and Upper Wharfedale

Whernside pastures

Whernside pastures

above Kettlewell

Coverdale Road

Sal's snowman

Whernside pastures

Whernside pastures

Coverdale Road

Kettlewell

Kettlewell

Kettlewell

Looking into Langstrothdale

Buckden Pike

Road into Bishopdale

3 comments:

  1. Sal's snowman has just made me laugh again :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe my hands were frezing after I'd made it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth a bit of frostbite - I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...