Autumn in The Lakes.

This is just a series of photos I took the last time I was in the Lakes. They were taken at Thirlmere, then later in the same day in the Ambleside/Langdale area and finally at Coniston Water. Autumn has really taken hold in the last few weeks and some of the colours were superb. Also, by chance, I found a new viewing point for the Langdale hills. It's a hamlet called Skelwith Fold and it can be reached either by car or on foot from Clappersgate. I chose to walk and was well rewarded by the little effort it took.

I had originally intended to visit Tarn Hows but there was just nowhere to park. The car park was jammed packed as was all the off road parking. The Lake District is just so popular these days, no matter what the day or weather. So I headed down to Coniston with my tail between my legs and took my last photos from the Monk Coniston car park.

I have also added a few photos from the recently reopened Lingholme Gardens and Derwentwater.


Thirlmere

Thirlmere

Lingholme Gardens

Lingholme Gardens

Lingholme Gardens

Legburthwaite near Thirlmere

Thirlmere

Legburthwaite near Thirlmere

Legburthwaite near Thirlmere

Legburthwaite near Thirlmere

Thirlmere

Thirlmere

River Brathay, Clappersgate

River Brathay, Clappersgate

Clappersgate

The Langdale Fells from Skelwith Fold.

River Brathay, Clappersgate

River Brathay, Clappersgate

Coniston Water

Coniston Water

Thirlmere

Raven Crag from Thirlmere

Derwentwater from Lingholme.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...