Haworth

A few photos of an afternoon jaunt to Haworth from last December. If I remember rightly, I was trying to avoid the Christmas shoppers and was heading in to the Dales. The traffic around the main Keighley roundabout was just gridlocked so I did an about turn and headed to Haworth instead.

The place seems to have had a bit of a renaissance with a lot more small shops opening. They are still outnumbered by the many cafes though. I think Haworth is a pretty village but the prettiness seems to stop two thirds of the way down the Main Street unfortunately. It is still a popular place to visit though.

I had a short stroll along The Bronte Way path which I think starts at the Church and I was blessed with a couple of minutes of sunshine. I didn't go very far but I will return when the weather is more settled and the days are longer. Not much of a substitute for The Dales though but at least I managed to avoid the shoppers.

St Michael and All Angels' Church

Parsonage Wall

Haworth

Bronte Parsonage

Bronte Way

Bronte Way

Bronte Way

Bronte Way

Bronte Way

Haworth

Cafe and souvenir hop, Haworth

Haworth

Haworth

Haworth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...