Autumn, RHS Harlow Carr

I had intended to go to Ripley Castle but for some reason the A61 was just clogged with very slow moving traffic so, an about turn and a few back roads brought me to Harlow Carr RHS Gardens. I'm a member of the RHS so, after paying my initial fee, it is free for the rest of the year and I've certainly had my money out of it. I must have been half a dozen times at least and I still have half a year of my membership to run.

The gardens have been gorgeous over the summer months; there has been so much colour around the place. Now it's the trees turn to have their moment of glory, especially the maples. It really is a photographer's paradise at any time of the year. I'm considering putting together a photo book showing the gardens throughout the four season of the year but that will have to wait until after next spring. I had the customary Cappuccino at the Betty's Café kiosk. The way that I look at it is that if the poor woman is prepared to stand out in the cold selling coffee and tea all day then the least I can do is to buy a cup off of her!

Looking at the long range weather forecast, my next visit could be in the snow. Watch this space...


Maple Leaves

Black winter berries

Autumn Grasses

Autumn Maple leaves

Autumn Maple leaves

Autumn Maple leaves

Ornamental Grasses 

Ornamental Grasses

Ornamental Grasses

Autumn berries

Shadows

Autumn berries

Autumn berries

Autumn berries

Autumn leaves, Maple Tree

Autumn leaves, Maple Tree

Dying leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...