A Misty Ullswater.


A well used phrase in photography is "to work with what you are given" and today was certainly the case.

I had hoped that the mist would have been lifting by the time I got to Ullswater but it was not to be. Looking back, I suppose I was lucky in a way as the mist gave me an opportunity to photograph the lake in "typical Lake District weather" and how most visitors do actually see it!

Most shots were taken in the vicinity of Mossdale Bay which is about a mile from Glenridding and I think all convey the peace, tranquillity and mood of the area. I always feel more satisfied after a set of photos like these than a set produced in so called "postcard" conditions. Those type of shots are easy to take and can usually be dismissed from memory after a glance or two but images like these always stick in the mind and are often gone back to time after time. Plus I personally always see a little bit more every time I revisit them.

I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I did taking them.

Trees near Matterdale End

Cherry Holm

Mossdale Bay Reflection

Norfolk Island

Norfolk Island

Norfolk Island

Reflection Mossdale Bay

Fallen Tree, Mossdale Bay

Fallen tree, Mossdale Bay

Seaweed on Rocks

Mossdale Bay


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...