A Wet Borrowdale

There are very few place which I like to visit when its wet but the woods down Borrowdale are one of them. For some reason they doesn't seem quite right when they're bathed in sunshine. I had hoped yo get some good autumn colours but unfortunately I was just a week or two too early even though a few were just starting to change.

Firstly I went up to Ashness Bridge which was surprisingly fairly quiet. The conditions for taking the classic view of the bridge backed by Derwentwater and Skiddaw just weren't going to happen as the sky was a blanket grey and the cloud was well down on Skiddaw. So for a change I took some photos of  the adjacent woodland and the gill below the bridge which I don't think turned out that bad considering I did them all hand-held.

I then went further down the dale to the Bowder Stone car park with the intention of exploring the Kings How area as a lot of photographers I follow on YouTube rave about it. Unfortunately this came to nothing as I didn't have enough change to pay the extortionate car parking fee plus it was pouring it down.

The last three photos of the blog were taken within close proximity of the car park. I didn't stray far because I was taking a bit of a drenching which wouldn't normally bother me but so was my camera and that was much more important. I'd had a nightmare with the camera whilst on holiday due to sensor dust so I didn't want any more hassle with it.

Nevertheless I saw enough of the area to whet my appetite for a future visit. Hopefully the autumn colours will be out by then.

Ashness Wood



Ashness Wood

Ashness Wood

Ashness Wood

Ashness Wood

Ashness Wood

Barrow Gill

Ashness Bridge

Barrow Gill

Barrow Gill

Barrow Gill

Barrow Gill

Ashness Brdge

Barrow Gill

Path to High Seat

Cummacatta Wood

Cummacatta Wood

Cummacatta Wood

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...