My Lockdown Saviour

 One final burst of autumn colour from the place which has helped me stay sane this year. I've lost count of the number of times that I have walked the path up to The Druid's Alter and sat overlooking the Aire Valley, trying to make sense of what has been going on around me since the pandemic hit in March. Eight months have now passed, and we seem no nearer to seeing any closure. A vaccine is reportedly on the horizon and all being well will be in use by the end of the year but I fear this virus will never go away.

The only positive thing to come out of all this mess is the realization that the long-standing friendship I have had with mother nature over the years has, yet again, been my salvation. Unfortunately others have been less fortunate.

Footpath to The Druid's Alter

Autumn Grasses

Footpath to The Druid's Alter

Bridleway up to The Druid's Alter

Bridleway up to The Druid's Alter

Bridleway up to The Druid's Alter

St Ives

Druid's Alter Plantation

Druid's Alter Plantation

Alter Lane

Alter Lane

Alter Lane

Alter Lane

Golf Course Plantation

Race Course Plantation

Race Course Plantation

Race Course Plantation

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...