Over Honister Pass to Crummock Water

 Photos from a day out which I had after lockdown lifted in April. I think my original intention was to park down Langstrathdale and walk from there, but there wasn't any parking. I'm afraid that I am finding parking in the Lakes much more difficult these days. People seem to be flocking to the area in droves because there is no foreign travel at the moment due to the COVID-19 pandemic and I can only see it getting worse as summer approaches.

I headed over The Honester Pass but Buttermere was just as bad. Eventually I found a parking spot at Crummock Water so had a short along the shoreline, meandering around its many coves and bays. It was quiet, the sun was shining and a nice cool breeze coming off the lake.

The ground gets boggy and the path sketchy at the top end of the lake, so I turned back there. There are paths leading across to Buttermere but with the COVID-19 worries, I decided to keep well away from people. I'd had my first jab, which offers some protection but was still waiting for my follow-up so thought I'd best play it safe for the time being.

I was really just thankful that I got out of the car and got some fresh air, as it looked at one point that I'd just be driving round all day.

Honister Bottom

Gatesgarth Beck

Buttermere Fells

High Stile, Buttermere

Crummock Water

Shadows, Crummock Water

Lone Tree, Crummock Water

woodland Path, Crummock Water

Jetty, Crummock Water

Haystacks in the haze

Crummock Water

Crummock Water

Crummock Water

Head of the Lake

Eycott Hill Sunset

Eycott Hill Sunset

Eycott Hill Sunset

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...