Autumn in Borrowdale

 Thankfully, the Bowder Stone car park is one of the few that I can guarantee getting a parking space in these days as The lake District is so busy. This is probably down to the extortionate price that The National Trust charge to park. Four ponds fifty gets me just two hours parking, any longer and its six pounds fifty which I think is a bit over the top.

Anyway, two hours gave me ample time to have a nice little walk and take some photos of what I consider to be, one of the most beautiful few miles in The Lakes. I would normally have ventured higher up but to get there you have to negotiate what can be a quite boggy area and it had been quite wet that week and I wasn't wearing suitable footwear.

Even though the light was a bit flat, I still think I managed to get some nice shots.

Borrowdale

Borrowdale

Silver Birch

Borrowdale

Quarry face

Disused Quarry

Oak Tree

Sun catching Brunt Fell

Old Quarry, Kings How

Kings How

Autumn Ferns

Disused Quarry, Bowder Stone

The Bowder Stone

The Bowder Stone

Old Bridleway

Trees on High Spy

High Spy

High Spy

High Spy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...