Gelt Wood and Hardrian's Wall

 A day spent in Northumberland. First port of call was an old favourite, Gelt Wood which is just out of Brampton.  I wasn't expecting too much colour as autumn was long gone but I did get some nice morning light.

It was then on to Hadrian's Wall , parking at Walltown Crags and walking up to the wall. I've done this section of The Wall many times but I never tire of it. The view up towards The Cheviots is one of the most far-reaching I know; a true wilderness. I sat there for a good while before going back to the visitor centre for a coffee.

Gelt Wood

River Gelt

Gelt Wood

River Gelt

River Gelt

River Gelt

Gelt Wood

River Gelt

River Gelt

Winter Leaves

Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...