Allerford and Bossingtom

A short, quiet afternoon driving to the far side of Minehead and visiting two of our favourite villages, Allerford and Bossington. Normally we would have walked up and through the woods which link both villages but my hormone therapy seemed to have knocked me for six. My energy levels were so low and muscle power nearly nonexistent which meant that we had to drive between the two.

Kitnors Kitchen was back open after the pandemic so we duly paid it a visit and sat out in the garden enjoying a cappuccino each. The garden is always full of birds and the sound of Sal opening her little bird food box brought then all to our table. 

Fully refreshed we walked the half mile down to the beach. It's called a beach but there is no sand there, it is just a mass of pebbles which form a massive bay right round to Porlock Weir and beyond and is scattered with WWII defensive pillboxes. Sal wandered off to look for some wishing stones but unfortunately came back empty handed whilst I went off to look at one of the pillboxes. My energy levels were still low so I slowly started to walk back to the car. 

Only one more full day left of our holiday now so when we got back to our holiday home, we set about planning our last day. Little did we realise we would be visiting a couple of absolute gems which gave us the perfect way to end the holiday.

This blog may sound like a bit of a doom and gloom blog but that's far from reality. I did feel a bit deflated at times I must admit, but just to be there, was more than enough for me. At one stage I thought I would miss the holiday completely and then that was followed by the depressing thought of having to go back home to chemotherapy, both of which turned out not to be the case so I really was counting my blessings and in a positive frame of mind. Three months later as I write this blog, that is still my state of mind thankfully.

Allerford

Allerford

Allerford

Allerford

Sal on Bridge, Allerford

Bossington

Allerford

Allerford Post Office

Bossington

Bossington

Bossington Beach

Porlock Bay

Bossington

Bossington

Allerford

Sal by the ford.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...