Threshfield and Skirethorns

 A new area for me, and I thought I had explored all of Wharfedale! 

The area is a few miles from Grassington but on the opposite side of the main road through the Dale. Just after The Spar garage a signpost for Threshfield and Skirethorns is followed until you come to the last of the houses of Threshfield and that is where you park up.

As I was new to the area I just followed the country lane through the delightful village of Skirethorns and headed off on the road leading up on to Malham Moor which eventually turns into a bridleway. That then joins the ancient Mastiles Lane which connects Kilnsey in Wharfedale with Malham. It is called a lane but is in fact and old bridleway.

The views back down and across the Dale are delightful and there are many footpaths to explore so this was a real walkers paradise. I didn't get as far as the moorland parts of the road but I hope to return in the not too distant future.

Afterwards I drove a few miles up the Dale and called in the cafe at Kilnsey Trout Farm. Excellent coffee as per usual.


Lower Wharfedale

Moss On wall

Lower Wharfedale

Ferns

Lower Wharfedale

Lower Wharfedale

Malham Moor

Malham Moor Lane

Frosted Woodland

Malham Moor Lane

Lower Wharfedale

Skirethorns

Lower Wharfedale


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...