Dying Off


These are a series of shots I took at Swinsty Reservoir near Harrogate. I had done a night shift and needed a bit of fresh air. These days my night shift pattern seems to consist entirely of work, eat and sleep especially at this time of year when I go home in the dark and set off to work in the dark. I just don't ever seem to see the light of day and it tends to wear me down occasionally.

I had hoped for a bit of sunshine and maybe a sunset but the autumn mist came in and so as not to waste my afternoon completely I thought I would try and capture the dying of summer months. I like the way they have turned out, all were taken with my 18-200VR lens with the flash activated which has given the dark backgrounds.

The trees were starting to turn dramatically, a bit of warm sunlight would have produce some lovely shots, maybe I'll pop back next week, weather permitting.

Enjoy the photos.










































4 comments:

  1. Lovely Autumn pictures, Normeee. I don't think I've been to Swinsty...get it added to the list :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's quite pleasant but a distinct lack of pubs nearby ;)

    ReplyDelete

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...