Misty Morning down Ullswater


27 November 2011

These shots were taken on my way back down from the Lakes a few weeks ago. I was meeting Sal on Skipton station and thought I had plenty of time to spare but.............

The conditions from the northern end of Ullswater right down to the foot of Kirkstone Pass were amazing with drifting mist on the Lake and lifting cloud on the Fells. No matter how hard I try, I can't resist a photo opportunity so I kept stopping the car and jumping out and just lost track of time.

Fortunately once I started to climb the Pass, the cloud just closed in and by the time I was part way up, I could hardly see a few feet in front of me otherwise God knows what time I would have turned up!. It cleared slightly as I descended but was misty and miserable for the rest of my journey back

We had a lovely afternoon in Wharfedale and Wensleydale though so I think I will be forgiven for my sins ;)

I think I pulled into the station about ten minutes late but if the tables had been turned, I have a feeling that Sal would have done the same as I did.


Place Fell, Ullswater


Ullswater


Island in mist, Ullswater


Glencoyne Bay, Ullswater


Glencoyne Bay, Ullswater


Boathouse, Ullswater.


Woods nr Glenridding.


Autumn Colours.


Looking in to Dovedale.


Dovedale.


Dove Crag


Dove Crag and Dovedale.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you are forgiven for images as lovely as these. I especially love the Dovedale pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None the less Norm they are great pictures and the mist makes them even better I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura...............Anonymous, who are you? :)

    ReplyDelete

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...