The Early Bird


A restless night's sleep can have it's advantages! After waking up on and off during the night (I think I'd gone to bed too early), at four o'clock I decided bite the bullet to try and get a sunrise up in the Lakes. It has to be the best time of day to travel, the motorways were all quiet so I was past Manchester and on the M61 just before six.

The sunrise itself never quite materialised but I got some brilliant photos of the clouds breaking on Windermere and more importantly, I had the place to myself. I then headed up the Kirkstone Pass with the hope that maybe I could get the same cloud conditions on Ullswater.

Unfortunately there were cloudless clear blue skies but I did manage to get the last of the rising mist on Brotherswater so all was not lost. I also took some amazing shots part way up the Kirkstone Pass looking back to a cloud inversion over the head of Windermere. The valley was in cloud and all the Langdale Fells above it.

A great drive up and some truly magical photographic moments

.
Dawn on Windermere

Dawn on Windermere

Jetty Windermere

Dawn on Windermere

Langdale Pikes cloud inversion

From Kirkstone Pass

Langdale Pikes cloud inversion

Brotherswater

Brotherswater

Early morning haze

Brotherswater

Early morning haze

Early morning haze

Haze on Brotherswater

Brotherswater

Early morning haze

Brotherswater

2 comments:

  1. Wow Norm! It paid off to get up early! I love all the pics especially all the "haze" ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I love the dawn pictures- the fog, the beautiful sky- so wonderful!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...