Back to The Lakes


A winter visit on a cold and frosty morning to the Lakes took me to the Langdale Valley. I parked at Skelwith Bridge and followed the path past Skelwith Force to Elter Water. The view from the shore has to be one of the most beautiful in Lakeland. Pride of place goes to The Langdale Pikes which fit perfectly in the "v" between Lingmoor Fell and Loughrigg. It was such a beautifully calm and clear day so I was treated to some great reflections along the River Brathay and also across Elter Water. Because of the exceptional conditions, I took photos from places I'd taken photos from maybe a dozen times before. I just couldn't resist it.

I then headed up to the North Lakes taking the old road round the back of Thirlmere instead of the A591. Again the waters were mostly calm. It had been a great day for photographs and nice to get back to the Lakes after my winter break and had certainly whetted my appetite for the new caravan season ahead.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...