First walk of the year - Ogden Water

A good local walk to start the New Year off.

At Ogden Water, you can make your walk as far or as little as you want with as much exertion as you want as well. I didn't really have any agenda (as usual) so I just kept wandering off the circular reservoir path. I did find an interesting little path which followed one of the becks coming in to the reservoir which, looking at the map afterwards, went up to some old disused quarries but unfortunately my way was halted after about half a mile by a landslide so it was a case of "about turn" and back to the main path.

I also veered off the main path and walked up through the woods to the golf course. How anyone can play golf on that beggars belief. It is right on the top of the moors and is open to all the elements. Even on the sunny day that I was there, there seemed to be no takers and I cant say that I blame them. I changed lenses on my way back to the car in the hope of getting a few wildlife shots but the birds seemed to disappear the moment I fixed it to the camera, does anyone else have that problem as it seems to be a regular occurance with me!

I consoled myself (and warmed myself up) with a cup of supposedly "unsweetened" coffee from the little cafe/information point/shop but I think someone must have mixed the cups up. It was the sweetest "unsweetened" drink I've ever had! Still, at least it was warm and wet and touched the spot nicely.

I reckon, all in all, I had been wandering for well over two hours in mostly sunny weather and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Everyone I met was nice and chatty and seemed as glad as I was to be out in the sunshine. A nice start to the New Year.


Main woodland path

Main woodland path

Main woodland path

Roses

Old quarry footpath.

Old quarry footpath.

Old quarry footpath.

Old quarry footpath.

Old quarry footpath.

Old quarry footpath.

Old quarry footpath.

Old quarry footpath.

Old quarry footpath.

Ogden Water

Ogden Water

Ogden Water

Woodland

Ogden Water

Circular reservoir path

Circular reservoir path

Circular reservoir path

Treee fungus

Lichen

Ogden Water reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...