Lakes and Dales drive out.

I took this lovely set of photos back in February. I'd popped up to my caravan to check everything was OK and get things ready for the coming new season.

I recall Thirlmere being very cold that day. There was a bitter wind blowing across from Helvellyn which chilled me to the bone. The place took my mind back to the latter part of last year when I visited. That day I was blessed with mirror like reflections, the like of which you usually only dream about but not today.

I think I spent more time in the Dales than I did in the Lakes though. It was just a quick 10 minute visit to the caravan, check everything was OK and then back on the road. Caravans are a bit too cold to stay in long at that time of year, especially with all the heating switched off.

On the way back down I did get some lovely shots of Ingleborough from Kingsdale before moving on to the Three Peaks area itself. With the days being pretty short, dusk was soon upon me but not before I took some shots of Pen y Ghent in the cold evening light. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to go down to Ribblehead but I think I succeeded in cramming a fair bit into the short winter's day.

Thirlmere

Thirlmere plantation

Naddle valley

Naddle valley

Naddle valley

Ingleborough

Ingleborough

Pen y Ghent

Selside

Pen y Ghent

Pen y Ghent

Pen y Ghent

Selside
 
Selside

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...