The infant River Wharfe.

I had so much hope of a good day when I left home but the usual bank of cloud appeared just as I was  leaving Skipton. It got thicker and thicker the further I went and by the time I reached Langstrothdale (which is at the top of Wharfedale) it was pretty gloomy. I was intending driving over Fleet Moss and down in to Hawes but when it's like it was that day, you soon realise it is just a waste of petrol and time.

I did get out of the car and walk a mile or so along the Dale and back but there was drizzle in the air and conditions were really not very good for photography, in fact they were down right miserable. I still took a few snaps for the record and then, if I remember rightly, beat a hasty retreat to The Blue Bell Inn in Kettlewell where there is always has wood burning fire on the go.

A pint and a warm up and then it was back down the Dale and home.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...