If you go down to the woods today...

How lucky am I having the Dales on my doorstep. Half an hour and I can be in Wharfedale, a little longer and I can be in Malham and The Three Peaks area. I often set out to go somewhere only to end up in the Grassington/Kilnsey area of the Dales as this is the handiest. This day was one of those days when  I think I had intended going to Harrogate and then Nidderdale but changed my mind at the last minute and finished up in Grass Wood just outside of Grassington.

There are paths in the woods leading here there and everywhere and for a time I had no idea where I was actually heading. I had a vague idea and knew I was heading in a northerly direction so the worst thing that could happen would be that I would run out of woodland and have to take the track back down to the road. I suppose I could have ended up on The Dales Way had the path started to rise but it just kept on an even keel so that took that option out of the equation.

As it turned out I did run out of woodland so went down to the road on a path I have used many times before. The stroll back on the minor road wasn't really any hardship as the traffic is always very quiet and the views across the dale are delightful.

A trip up to these parts would not be complete without calling for the customary cappuccino in the Café by the Lake at Kilnsey Trout Farm. The café was playing host to a group of ra-ra Porsche drivers out for a Sunday blast and I was fortunate to get a photo of a GT3 RS which is a car I do actually own even though my model is the Special Lego Edition!!


Grass Wood

Grass Wood

Grass Wood

Grass Wood

Autumn Leaves

Grass Wood

Odd one out

Grass Wood

Autumn Colours

Autumn Colours

Autumn Colours

Autumn Colours

Hanging on

Ferns

Dying Ferns

Grass Wood

Grass Wood

Grass in Grass Wood

Limestone Wall

Lichen on wall

Roadside Ferns

Grassington to Kettlewell Road

Grassington to Kettlewell Road

GT3 RS in Kilnsey car park


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...