Icy Morning on Coppice Pond


After a few days of gloomy weather, it was nice to see the sun in the sky again and, as usual for this time of year, a clear day means a frosty day. I was on my way to do some shopping so just popped in to St Ives to stretch my legs and give the camera an airing.  There was plenty of wildlife about: squirrels, robins, jays, ducks, geese and swans but not the elusive heron. I haven't seen it up there for months, you can usually spot in on the island hunting for its food. Maybe it has found easier pickings elsewhere.

All the autumn colours have just about disappeared now but I did find an oak tree which had the full range of colours on its leaves. I think I managed to capture a few nice shots with some being a bit different from the norm so the visit was worthwhile.


Oak leaves

Duck on Coppice Pond

Swan on Coppice Pond

Swan on Coppice Pond

High and dry

Ice on Coppice Pond

Ice on Coppice Pond

Ice on Coppice Pond

Frozen swan feather

Ice on Coppice Pond

Ice on Coppice Pond

Ice on Coppice Pond

Frozen leaves

Sunlight on fern

Robin feeding

Grey squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...