Mighty Blencathra

Don't you just love it when all the elements come together albeit only for a short moments in time. This happened the other week whilst I was on my way home from the Lakes. The clouds were rolling in fast over Blencathra, one minute revealing the summit, the next moment hiding it plus the sun kept popping in and out which just added to the drama of the scene as well.

If I remember rightly, by the time I had driven down to Glenridding the cloud was well and truly down and I crossed the Kirkstone Pass only being able to see a few feet in front of me. This just confirms the saying "you always remember the good but conveniently forget the bad!"

All in all it was a great half hour and hopefully I have captured nicely with these photos.

Souther Fell from Berrier

Eycott Hill nature Reserve

Blencathra light

Mungrizedale

Souther Fell and Blencathra light

Blencathra from the old road

Blencathra's ridges

Blencathra's ridges

Mousthwaite Comb

The old road

Blencathra light

Blencathra rom the old road

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...