Loch Clair reflections.

Today was another morning of blue skies and calmness as I made my way back down to Fort William via Torridon. I took a bit of a gamble on having a walk down to Loch Clair; just to see if it had some decent reflections and how I was rewarded! It was like a mirror with perfect reflections of the massive hills of Liathach and Beinn Eighe and these views of the hills were complemented by the rows of Scots Pines lining the far shore.

The reason it had been a gamble was because the parking area for the Coulin Estate (on which the loch stands) is well before the Loch actually comes in to view so it really was pure guess work along with a lot of finger crossing. Being there early also caught the reflections at their very best as ripples were already starting to form as I headed back to my car.

The private road down to the loch is only about a mile in length and doesn't really warrant any sort of description and, as I think the photos tell the full story of the view, I'll just say that I felt really blessed to have been there and it was a fitting way to end my short break away.

On a side note, I can well recommend Smidge for repelling midges, horse flies and any other insect which thrives on human blood. I gave myself a good spraying of the stuff as soon as I got out of the car and not one of the little blighters would come anywhere near me....result!!!!

It was a pleasant enough drive back down but the thought of having to spend time in a hectic Fort William after the peace and tranquillity of Wester Ross put a bit of a dampener on things. Fort William is a place go to and stay in because you have to and not through choice. There is nothing nice about the place and, on a night time, I find most of the pubs a bit rough and a couple darn right intimidating. Its only saving grave is it's close proximity to Glen Nevis which is one of the finest glens there is. Even the Mighty Ben looks an unappealing lump from Fort William!

Anyway it was only an overnight stop as the next day I travelled back down to Cumbria for a couple of nights at the caravan. It had been a great trip but a lot of miles but they were good miles and well worth it.


The Coulin Estate
Liathach peeping over the fields.
Beinn Eighe
Liathach
Loch Clair
Liathach reflection
Loch Clair reflection
Liathach and Beinn Eighe
Beinn Eighe reflection
Liathach reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...