Autumn time, Middleton Woods

I usually miss the autumn colours in Middleton Woods but this year I appear to have been a bit luckier.  Maybe they would have been better a couple of weeks ago, its hard to tell. Its difficult getting any really good photos in these woods because they are so congested, I don't think there has ever been any wood management so the place gets too overgrown. Plus, muddy ground underfoot and inadequate footwear also limited me to where I could go so I just stuck to the main paths.

I more or less had the woods to myself though, maybe the people of Ilkley were still in shock after England's World Cup Final defeat because as I drove back in to Ilkley, I saw lots of sad faces coming out of the local Rugby Club and the town's pubs.

My next visit to the woods will be in bluebell time next spring when, once again, I will bore the pants of of everyone with bluebell photos! See you then Middleton Woods.

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

Autumn Colours, Midddleton Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...