The Trossachs and Glen Coe

I managed to get a few days up in Fort William the other week. The trip got off to a good start with some fantastic early morning weather which resulted in some great reflections and autumn colours in the Tossachs. By the time I was on Rannoch Moor, the sun has disappeared but the calmness was still there so the obligitory stop was made at Lochan na h-achcise for a quick photo. or two.

My final port of call was Glencoe Lochan. It was my first time there and, typical of my luck, it was being emptied to do some safety work and looked pretty grim. There were still some nice colours in the trees though and enough to wet my appetite far a later visit.

Once bedded in my hotel, I popped into Fort William for a couple of beers and worked out my itinerary for the next few days. I opted for a drive along The Road to The Isles on my first day as the forecast wasn't too promising and my second day would be an explore of the Ardnamurchan Peninsula.

Lake Mentieth

Lake Mentieth

Autumn Leaves

Loch Ard Boathouse

Loch Ard

Ben Lomond from Loch Ard

Loch Ard

Loch Chon

Loch Chon

Loch Chon

Loch Chon

Trossachs Trees

The Black Mount

Glencoe Lochan

Glencoe Lochan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...