Heading Up North

Little did I know when I came on this weekend away how my life and the world would change over the next few weeks. The coronavirus was just beginning to cause concern but, as a lone traveller who keeps himself to himself anyway, I decided to bite the bullet and booked two nights in the Alexandra Hotel in Fort Willaim.

I had every weather imaginable going up but that only added to the enjoyment. I did manage to get out of the car a few times and take some photos, namely on Rannoch Moor and at Glencoe Lochan. All the hills had snow on the tops so, by using my 300mm lens, I could zoom in and get some really good wintery shots. The sun actually made an appearance whilst I was out walking round Glencoe Lochan but it didn't last for too long and was soon replaced with drizzle.

It was still wet when I arrived in Fort William so I just booked in to the hotel and got my feet up for an hour or so. In the evening I popped out for a couple of beers, having one in The Grog and Gruel and then one in the Black Isle Bar which is the best pub in town. They were both very quiet so social distancing was never an isssue. The town was deserted as well. I decided to have a pizza in The Black isle bar on Saturday night as they looked and smelt so good. When I got back in to the hotel I had a bottle of lager in the bar and then had an early night.


The Black Mount

The Black Mount

The Black Mount

The Black Mount

The Black Mount

Deer, King House Hotel

Bidean nam Bian

Bidean nam Bian

Bidean nam Bian

Falls of Glen Coe

Glencoe Lochan

Glencoe Lochan

Glencoe Lochan

Glencoe Lochan

Glencoe Lochan

Loch Leven

Road to Kinlochlevan

Hillside trees

Loch Levan

Hillside Detail

Bidean nam Bian

Bidean nam Bian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...