Evening in Middleton Woods

I didn't expect to get to see the bluebells this year but, after watching neighbours going out on five hour cycle rides and three hour walks, I though sod it I'm going across to Ilkley to Middleton Woods. I tagged it on to the end of a shopping trip so no lockdown rules were broken.

I could really have done with setting off a bit earlier because the sun was setting on the top woods making the light very poor. Most of the photos were taken in the lower woods though and I think I took enough to make my trip worthwhile. Surprisingly both woods were very quiet, I think I only saw one person in the lower wood and just a few more in the upper wood. Having said that, it was seven o'clock at night!

It was the first time I had been out with the camera in nearly a month so it really lifted my spirits which I must admit had started to flag. Walking the same route around my local village day after day and being self isolating alone was getting me down a bit. The Government have since relaxed the walking rule so you can now take a short drive to start it which mean that I can vary them a bit more but I usually follow my shopping/walk rule with the occasional local walk thrown in. Wherever I go and whatever I do, social distancing is at the forefront of my thinking.

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Lower Wood

Middleton Upper Wood

Middleton Upper Wood

Middleton Upper Wood

Middleton Upper Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...