Ogden Water Country Park

I hadn't been to Ogden water for a couple of years so thought I would pay it a visit and try out my new 85 mm lens. I arrived quite early so managed to get a parking spot by the roadside. 

I didn't really get any decent photo opportunities until I got into Odgen Clough with its many small cascades, mossy rocks and fallen trees. Unfortunately the deeper I got in to the Clough, the icier it got which eventually forced me to turn back as the last thing I wanted was to have a fall whilst holding the camara.

I was quite pleased with the way it performed, mainly because it let me take handheld close up slow shutter speed shots. I found that I could easily use a shutter speed of one eighth of a second which gave good enough water motion without it being overexposed. 

The next time I use it, I will try it out taking close-up shots, I believe its minimum focusing distance is two feet six inches, which should be ideal for flower photography. For anything closer, I still have a 60 mm macro lens. 

I was surprised how good the paths were as many of my local paths (plus the paths at St Ives) are very muddy due to the weather and increased footfall. I did leave the main path and walk up in to the woods, partly to get away from the crowds but mainly for variety because I find the path around the reservoir rather flat and boring whereas the woodland path has many ups and downs. 

By the time I got back to the car, it was getting very busy, so I think I picked the right time of day to visit. All shots below are taken with that lens.

Woodland Walk

Moss on wall

Woodland Walk

Woodland Walk

Ogden Clough

Ogden Clough

Woodland Walk

Ogden Clough

Ogden Clough

Ogden Clough

Woodland Walk

Ogden Clough

Ogden Clough

Ogden Clough

Ogden Clough

Woodland Walk

Woodland Walk

Woodland Walk

Weir, Ogden Water

Woodland Walk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...