Snow on Oxenhope Moor



Can someone please tell me how a drive to the Supermarket ended up with me being in Heptonstall above Hebden Bridge all afternoon because I have no idea how!

I had set of to go to Sainsbugs in Keighley and had intended going the scenic way but the clear blue skies and snow above Oxenhope Moor were like a magnet. Once on the tops, the natural thing to do was to carry on into Hebden Bridge (after taking a boatload of photos on route). The town was so busy that I couldn't find anywhere to park so I made for Heptonstall up on the hill and it's Church within a Church. I went there last year with Sal and we had a really enjoyable afternoon even though the weather was pretty miserable; she would have loved it today in the sunshine.

I'll blog on Heptonstall next but for the time being you will have to be content with the photos I took of my journey over. I love days like this, it was bitterly cold and the air was bracing and the light so clear which made it perfect for photos. It's amazing how many ruined farmhouses there are around these parts but having said that, it is very isolated and far from all amenities. I don't think I would fancy it, especially in the winter months.

On a clear day like this, from the highest point of the moors by the wind turbimes, you can see the Three Peaks of Whernside, Ingleborough and Pen-y-Ghent and the view south just seemed to go on forever..........


Wind turbines

Oxenhope Moor

Oxenhope Moor

Ruined Farmhouse

Oxenhope Moor

Looking south towards Calderdale

Distant Stoodley Pike

Stoodley Pike and Calderdale

Heptonstall

2 comments:

  1. Brrrrr!!! It's making me feel cold just looking at these pics. Then again I am eating an ice lolly too and it's -5 outside...hehe.

    Don't forget Stoodley Pike is on our "to do" list this year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't forget don't worry. It was so cold I wore my Citeh scarf all day ;)

    ReplyDelete

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...