Wild flower time at Lowther

There's not much narrative to write about this visit as I think I have given a detailed description of the history of the place in a previous blog on the 10th of May this year. Just a word though to congratulate the members of the Lowther Trust for what they have achieved over recent years. From near dereliction and abandonment, the place has been transformed in to one of Cumbria's finest tourist attractions. The summer meadows are always worthy of a visit and this years display was interspersed with a WW1 exhibition. The tearoom serves one of the best cappuccinos you could ever wish for and the food is also top notch.

I think I may have left my visit a bit too late as I was hoping there would be more poppies in the meadows but the display was brilliant none the less. I hope you enjoy the photos I took and hopefully I will be blogging on Lowther again in the autumn with all its golden colours and tones.

Wild flower meadow

Wild flower meadow

Jack Croft's pond

Lowther Castle

Limestone steps

Woodland walk

Rowan Berries

Wooded avenue

Lowther Castle

WW1 memorial meadow.

WW1 memorial meadow.

WW1 memorial meadow.

WW1 memorial meadow.

Falled tree

Restoration project

Lowther Castle garden

Restoration project

Lowther Castle garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...