High Tide on the Cumbrian Coast


When the weather is bad in The Lakes, it's bad! This was the first of four days of continual rain and high winds. I checked the times of the high tide, packed my camera gear and set off for some wave action. There are a few places on the west coast of Cumbria whereit is good for rough seas and all are round the Workington/Whitehaven area. Parton near Whitehaven is good and so is Harrington near Workington.

I plumped for Harrington which is just south of Workington and it didn't let me down. I did end up drenched and frozen stiff but it was well worth it. There is something about the sea that always attracts me, whether it be in wild conditions like this or otherwise. I just love being there.


High Tide, Harrington

High Tide, Harrington

High Tide, Harrington

High Tide, Harrington

High Tide, Harrington

Water Breaker, Harrington

High Tide, Harrington

High Tide, Harrington

High Tide, Harrington

High Tide, Harrington

Water Breakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...