Back to my Happy Place

Ever since lockdown was announced and the caravan site closed, I have longed for the day when I would be back walking down Borrowdale. Of all the places in the Lakes, it is the one place I can visit time after time and its beauty never diminishes. Wainwright once said of Borrowdale "It encloses one mile of country containing no high mountain, no lake, no famous crag, no tarn. But, in the author's humble submission it encloses the loveliest square mile in Lakeland - the Jaws of Borrowdale". I can't argue with that and I'd even extend it to include the whole area between the villages of Grange, Rosthwaite, Stonethwaite, Seatoller and Seathwaite.

No text I can give can do this area or this walk justice, the photos say it all. Every footstep is a sheer delight, every view takes the breath away. This is the place I connect with and this is the place that I call home. This is the place I feel comfortable in and this is the place I love. This is the place I couldn't live without.

Stonethwaite

Pony Route to Stake Pass

Pony Route to Stake Pass

Pony Route to Stake Pass

Pony Route to Stake Pass

Pony Route to Stake Pass

Pony Route to Stake Pass

Pony Route to Stake Pass

Stonethwaite Beck Cascade

Stonethwaite Beck Cascade

Stonethwaite Beck

Stonethwaite Beck

Landstrath Beck Cascades

Pony Route to Stake Pass

Landstrath Beck Cascades

Landstrath Beck Cascades

Pony Route to Stake Pass

Pony Route to Stake Pass

Landstrath Beck

Landstrath Beck

Tree Art, Landstrath Beck

Waters Meet

Stonethwaite Beck

Stonethwaite Beck

Cumbria Way

Eagle Crag

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog via Bunny Mummy blog. Love the pictures of scenery, gardens, flowers,etc. Will start at the beginning of your blog to see all. Thanks for transporting to beautiful places using your camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for taking the time to read my blog and the appreciation showm. Sorry for my delay in acknowledging, I've only just noticed it!

      Delete

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...