Between the Showers at Opinon Beach

 A very poor day weatherwise; the morning being foul with heavy rain and winds. We decided to go to Inverewe gardens for a coffee but arrived there only to find that it was closed for the rest of the year due to the virus. There didn't seem any point in travelling far so we drove the few miles back to Strath and went to the Mountain Coffee Cafe and then got a sandwich each from the local butty shop to take back with us as the weather didn't seem to be easing off. We went straight back to the cottage where Sal did some cross stitch whilst I put a DVD on.

The rain stopped late afternoon so I got my camera out and went to a local beach at Opinon which is only a few miles out of Badachro. On a clear day you get fabulous views across to The Isle of Skye but I just got the odd distant view on the rare occasions the cloud lifted. I wasn't really bothered though as I love to be on a beach when the sea is rough and the clouds are rolling by. I stayed there for quite a while and only decided to leave when some very dark clouds approached and I fvelt a few spots of rain. I just got back to the car before the heavens opened again. 

We knew the bad weather day was coming as the forecast had predicted it a few days earlier and we were more than prepared. Sal had her sewing and wine and I had my DVDs and Abbeydale Beers! Pizza and chips for tea.

Opinon Beach

Opinon Beach


Opinon Beach

Opinon Beach

Opinon Beach

Opinon Beach

Opinon Beach

Opinon Beach

Opinon Beach

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balmacara and Skye

 WE had a mixed week of weather but on the whole we managed to stay dry. The only wet day was our second day when Sal stayed in the cottage ...